There are three important things to note about Saturday night after we’re done with the Ally Bank Happy Hour (ends around 7:00pm).
- You are on your own for dinner. There are some good restaurants just 2 miles away. The hotel also has a nice restaurant.
- We are having a post-dinner “after party” hosted by Ramit Sethi at John Barleycorn starting at 9:30pm.
- We have FREE shuttle buses to get you from the hotel to the restaurant area, then to John Barleycorn, and then back to the hotel.
Don’t worry about a cab, rental car, or hotel van. Take the FINCON shuttle bus. We will actually have 2 buses running steady from 7:00pm to 11:45pm. They will be making the following stops:
- From 7:00pm to 9:30pm the buses will be running (approx. every 10 mins) between the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg (our hotel) to the Streets of Woodfield (drop off is in front of the Starbucks).
- Then, starting at 9:30pm and running till 11:45, the buses will begin making an additional stop at John Barleycorn.
Here’s a map for all you visual people:
I hope you’ll take advantage of this service. The Streets of Woodfield is a really nice area to dine, see a movie, etc. It’s also next to the Woodfield Mall, where you could do some shopping if you wanted. Lastly, I hope you’ll join us at John Barleycorn starting around 9:30. Last bus home will be at 11:45. If you miss that, please take a cab back to the hotel.